SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
830 Posts
Reaction score
Make a menu plan ahead of time.. Do not figure on three squares a day; you'll be busy sailing ;) Figure a hi-carb, hearty. b-fast, snacks and fruit for lunch on the fly and a simple evening meal. Allowextra water/fluids during the trip. Stay hydrated, as being out and in tthe wind/sun will dry you out.
We recently have tried Hormel completes (?) . they have a huge variety and are shelf stable. Keep it simple and easy. You don;t hav a bunch of roomfor culinary experimentation or gastronomical extravaganzas, so concentrate on sailing and then resting when you can. Use ice allotment for beverages and possibly fruit.. Leave home-prepped foods and stuff for day sails and. weekend parties/picnics.mebbe first night out sorta thang
All you need should (probably) fit in two store bags, plus water. We *always* take too much and end up bringing a lot home. You hafta figure out if you wanna "sail-to-eat" or. .eat-to-sail" ;)

· Registered
830 Posts
Reaction score
On water.........

While I have yet to source a filter for nasty water. I do have an under-=sink cartridge type in line with the tank feed. We etnd to use bottled water and keepa supply aboard.
Last weekend it rained right hard for about an hour. I ended up dumping near to 30 gallons out n of the 8' dink! I don't believe I'llworry about water sources too much..simply turn the dink right-side-up on deck and set a siphon to fill the tank :D

· Registered
830 Posts
Reaction score
I gettum for just over two bux ata Wally Worldprrtty hi in salt; but ya need that in the heat anyways.
Careful with MRE. They can bind ya up tighter thanna frogs butt ;)lotsa water for either.
I mix it up with canned, preserved and packaged. Add some fresh as available and yer GTG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.