SailNet Community banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

· S/V Calypso
246 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
When we had the 22 I bought an Igloo Ice Cube. It's more vertical than horizontal and took up less berth space. It also fit nicely in the middle of the boat between the berths for use as a table, has cup holders built into the lid, and inside trays at the top to keep stuff like the cheese and salamis and whatnot out of the way of the melting ice.

It also closes snuggly so there's no flappy thing on the outside that snaps shut. We have another cooler with a thing that snaps shut that got caught on a door or something while open and broke off. That cooler is now used only at home for parties since it won't close securely.

The Ice Cube is still my primary cooler for the boat and now used for beer to keep a certain person (who once rummaged around at night in the dark for a beer and left the steaks out on the counter in 90 degrees when he forgot to return them) out of the boat's ice box.
I've got an old ice cube that we used camping. That might fit the ticket if it will fit!

· Mermaid Hunter
5,666 Posts
Reaction score
I looked at the Yeti but haven't decided if its worth the cost.
That was my point - I spent more on an Igloo and handles and hinges and latches over four years than the cost of a Yeti which has required zero maintenance or repair.

· Registered
26 Posts
Reaction score
now used for beer to keep a certain person (who once rummaged around at night in the dark for a beer and left the steaks out on the counter in 90 degrees when he forgot to return them) out of the boat's ice box.
The problem was obviously an inadequate plan on your part because you didn't plan properly for beer availability and consumption... Jist sayin...
;)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.