SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PSC 32PH (#15) has a Grohe laundry-type faucet (manufactured 1992?) controlling a cockpit shower. The 1/2’’ shower line attaches directly to the unit via a 1/2’’ x 3/4’’ reducer (i.e. there is no spout). Internal pipes were imperfectly drained last winter…froze…ruptured the whole unit. Now similar size faucets are widely available except that they all have spouts that attach to the base with an oddball >3/4” thread. There does not appear to be any anything manufactured to connect this thread to standard hose 3/4” or 1/2”. There is not space to use a unit with an attached hose-threaded-end-spout. Any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks, DH
PSC 32PH 'Drift'

·
Mondofromredondo
221 Posts
I haven't a clue how to advise you but you might find alot more people looking at this one which really isn't a PSC issue so much if you were to post in another of the forums. I'm about to start a cockpit shower project as I know how sweet it would be to have the shower out there instead of inside that tiny little head.

Good Luck !
Keith

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
I haven't a clue how to advise you but you might find alot more people looking at this one which really isn't a PSC issue so much if you were to post in another of the forums. I'm about to start a cockpit shower project as I know how sweet it would be to have the shower out there instead of inside that tiny little head.

Good Luck !
Keith
If you go forward with that, make sure the cockpit shower hose is long enough to reach a swimmer while standing on the swim ladder (for a quick rinse before boarding). Ours is just slightly too short and I will swap out the hose one of these days.

·
Wing n' Wing
49 Posts
cockpit shower

Where are you located?
There is a hardware store in Bellingham, WA that stocks, and can convert any threads known to man.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cockpit shower solved

Thanks for your tip, Lansdowne - however, after visiting numerous plumbing supply houses I found a Waltec utility faucet that approximates the original supply thread. This has been in use for several months without leaking...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts