SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lovely sloop, and need a boat-buddy sailor to help me get it further from home. Also happy to crew on your sailboat to get further time on the water. Let's sail out to see the ocean, Jervis, Charlottes? What would you like to see?
Captain is a mature lady (platonic only please), ship-shape type, sober, all that, sense of humor you might enjoy, don't get seasick, don't panic easily. Not yet anyway.
If you're in this region single-handing or without a boat, email with some ideas for a cruise we can do as a team. Everyone I know has a day job and can't go play!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Welcome to Sailnet and the PNW. I do the same when my boat is not in the dockyard. You'll find since you are new to Sailnet - you can not either see or respond to PMs until you have 10 posts (see the song thread and add your own classics, get post count over 10).

It helps to be a bit more descriptive.

1. Your base location.
2. Your experience or at least expectations beyond 'platonic'.
3. Your own solid ideas for a trip. This is the jewel as very rarely will people come up and go "I'd like to do this". However, they'll sign-up and jump to be onboard if they know where, the timeframe, and expectations.

I do alot of self-promotion and try to get a diverse crew for "HG" and these are my observations. Ocean sailing, going to Canada, etc all have unique requirements for the skipper, the type of boat, and the crew required. For instance locally, racing or local weekend cruises - you can grab anyone that has an interest if you know your boat and know what to expect, and dial it down according to the overall crew experience you have.

When traveling to Canada - rules on documentation / check-in requirements is an obstacle (As of June 1st DLs will no longer be accepted). If doing an Ocean voyage or rounding Cape Flattery the waters are much different than the "protected" ones we are used to in the sound. It takes a different mindset of crew to make that happen as the risks are that much greater.

You can find my website, contact info etc on my sig line... If you have questions, or ideas further - I'd be happy to discuss and potentially partner up.

Cheers..

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Pinga,

Please note, Jody is pictured at the bottom of his sig! short stubby legs, big round body etc. Oh yeah, and waddles while he walks:D So be weary, very weary!

Another local group depending upon where you are in Puget Sound is "Seattle Singles Yacht Club". Most events are out of Shilshole and the ShilShole bay yacht club building.

Good luck with your endeavors.

·
totally ok with it
19 Posts
Summer Off, Interested in Charlottes

Hi Pinga-
I am off work for the summer, and I would love to go back to the Charlottes again. I have been there twice: once on a kayak trip, once on a chartered boat from Skidigate.
Would love to see Hotsprings Island again, to eat a ton of fresh fish and prawns, and perhaps to do a little kayaking, and of course, a ton of sailing. I am looking at buying my first boat later this summer or early next.
Have a bit of sailing experience, cruises to Desolation Sound and Wed. night racing on a buddy's CS 36. Took an ASA course as well: costal cruising 1, perhaps?
Let me know if that sounds good to you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. That's sounds good to me... but now I'm getting grounded by my elderly Mom who just lost her sight... so instead of the Charlottes, I'm off to the midwest for a bit. So maybe there will still be time left in the summer for.... the Gulf Islands? Sigh....

·
Registered
31 Posts
How big is your boat

I have a lovely sloop, and need a boat-buddy sailor to help me get it further from home. Also happy to crew on your sailboat to get further time on the water. Let's sail out to see the ocean, Jervis, Charlottes? What would you like to see?
Captain is a mature lady (platonic only please), ship-shape type, sober, all that, sense of humor you might enjoy, don't get seasick, don't panic easily. Not yet anyway.
If you're in this region single-handing or without a boat, email with some ideas for a cruise we can do as a team. Everyone I know has a day job and can't go play!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
How big is your boat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts