SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Shoaling is encroaching from the north just prior to the first green can upon entering. The channel its self is at good depth for most with 6 foot draft. Also the sand bar after entering has ecroached about half way across the north portion of Queenstown Creek...as I have noted in Actives Captain.

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,291 Posts
Queenstown is the only inlet I have not been able to get into on the Northern bay, and with 4' draft to boot. Embarrassing that it took us over an hour to get out of the fine crater I managed to make going in circles. Finally with the dingy and kids hanging off the boom we eased off never to return again :) Someday though I will suck up my pride and give it another shot ;)

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Queenstown is the only inlet I have not been able to get into on the Northern bay, and with 4' draft to boot. Embarrassing that it took us over an hour to get out of the fine crater I managed to make going in circles. Finally with the dingy and kids hanging off the boom we eased off never to return again :) Someday though I will suck up my pride and give it another shot ;)
I find entering Queenstown alot easier then navigating the north channel of Kent Narrows. Local knowledge goes a long ways:laugher

Now if one would like a challenge..try entering Grove Creek off of Reed Creek..believe or not there's plenty of water..but one can reach out on both sides of ones vessel and touch land..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts