SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to give a gift to a cruising couple of a place to stay on one of their stops. They will be working their way down the Atlantic coast including Georgia and Florida, then heading to Bahamas. I'd like to give them a couple of nights at a nice but not too expensive hotel or resort. The problem is I don't know where they will be stopping, and don't want to just pick a place in case it isn't convenient or accessible. I'm wondering if there might be a chain of resorts or something I could get a gift card for that would work. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
25,129 Posts
Very nice idea. You're right, it's impossible to decide ahead where they will want to be. There can be weather windows that make it hard to stop at fixed places, especially at fixed times. Safe Harbor was as good an idea as I can think of, but it's just a marina, not a resort. Depending on the kind of cruising your friends are doing, a marina can be a nice break, with access to power, water, town, washdown, etc. On the other hand, some cruisers loath having to take their boat into a marina. You know best.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Sometimes just being able to get off the boat and take a 30-minute shower, have a cocktail in the bar, eat at a restaurant and sleep in a soft bed is all you need. Hilton and Marriott both have properties (including resorts) all along the East Coast that should be easy enough to get to from wherever the boat might pull in. Sailors often use Uber for grocery shopping because the stores are too far to walk to, so don't think that your friends would be limited to waterfront properties. You might even be able to pay for the gift with mileage points. Nice idea

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is a fabulous idea, but unless you ask them for an itinerary of their planned stops it will be very difficult to do. So what about sending them a VISA gift card that they could use anywhere...marina, hotel,bar, restaurant, etc.....
I know I would appreciate it if I was off cruising. They should consider themselves fortunate to have a friend like you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts