SailNet Community banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

19,468 Posts
Reaction score
I think pictures would be useful.. someone interested might see it.

Where are you/the boat now? In BC?

If you have digital pics the best way to share them is to sign up on Photobucket.com, upload your images there, then copy and paste the IMG code link option right into your posts here. That way we can see them directly in your posts.

Sounds like you need to find a new owner who can do your lifelong project justice.

· Registered
16 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ron,
thanks for your response
I have every book and since the internet most sites.
what is your biggest boat project!
no offence but if you havnt hand laid up 7 drums of resin, its a project, not a boat building thing.
changed a hatch? Good info for me. Gotta Installl 15 plus..

yoy want me to be moŕe specific, an entire build requires more.
envision doing everything on your boat from scratch!
I still need info from the community out there but I do know what im doing.

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
OK here is the begining for my boat building career first boat for pay was a 14 ft skiff of my own design when I was 16 for a man named john Weyerhauser the boat is still floating in the fishing pond at the company headquarters in federal way Washington I have been paid to build and work on them since then from as small as 7.5 feet long a days project with my step kids to many ships for the us navy and USCG in the 32 years since johns boat currently working on a 1966 Spencer 42.
What are some of your specific questions

· Registered
545 Posts
Reaction score
Here is a specific question. Is it possible to join two pieces of polycarbonate (lexan) so
that the joint either chemically or thermal so the joint is as strong as the original lexan?
Thinking of keel and ribs like a wooden boat.

· islander bahama 24
1,842 Posts
Reaction score
Here is a specific question. Is it possible to join two pieces of polycarbonate (lexan) so
that the joint either chemically or thermal so the joint is as strong as the original lexan?
Thinking of keel and ribs like a wooden boat.
Yes it is possible however the area just beyond the actual joined spot would be weakened to some degree think steel welding heat affected zone.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.