SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last few months the "Gear and Maintenance" forums have been moved down the list to the point where it is now 8th in the overall forum list. G&M has 115,000+ posts and is the most popular forum on SailNet even beating out the "General Discussion" forums.

Why are "Guest Speakers" and "Lats & Atts", with .001% & .14% of the posts that Gear and Maintenance has above it in the list..?

It seems the most used and most popular forums "General Discussions" & "Gear & Maintenance" should be at or near the top..:confused: No...??

·
Banned
12,373 Posts
Good question. I was thinking the same thing

·
1977 Morgan OI 30
438 Posts
I with you.

They should be displayed according to interest. Logic and if the others really take off they'll move accordingly. But, it is up to the owner of the site....

·
Banned
17,467 Posts
I say, "Yo Sailnet!! Up with Gear and Maintenance!!" And it wouldn't hurt if you could lead off new threads with a scantily clad Snap-On chick!

I'm just sayin'.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Maybe the Guest Speaker fourm would be more popular if there where actually guest speakers?

·
Registered
515 Posts
I was also wondering that. Alphabetical order makes more sense to me though.
The more popular forums are going to see the traffic regardless of their position, so 'stacking' them to improve their accessability won't transform a dead forum into a hotspot.
Think I read lats and atts once, but figure if I want to read L&A, I know where their website is.

Ken.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Over the last few months the "Gear and Maintenance" forums have been moved down the list to the point where it is now 8th in the overall forum list. G&M has 115,000+ posts and is the most popular forum on SailNet even beating out the "General Discussion" forums.

Why are "Guest Speakers" and "Lats & Atts", with .001% & .14% of the posts that Gear and Maintenance has above it in the list..?

It seems the most used and most popular forums "General Discussions" & "Gear & Maintenance" should be at or near the top..:confused: No...??
The intention was to make things easier, not harder. As far as the Guest Speaker thing goes, it has not been kicked off yet as our guest speakers are very well known. I wanted to make sure we had one system and working in place before moving to the next.

I don't mind re-arranging the forum to put G&M on top of this section. The other sections are more intro's to Sailnet and I think they should stay on top - but that is my opinion.

I will see what the other mods think too.

Brian

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
Brian,

Not that you asked, but the "guest speaker" IMHO should down with the featured articles if it is not going to get posted too very often etc, and keep it in the more true learning article area. I can see why you might want to leave it above........but, below still seems a better fit. My .01 of course.

To a degree I too like the "G&M" higher up in the list too. L&A could go lower IMHO too! for my second .01

my .02 total!:D

Marty

1 - 11 of 11 Posts