SailNet Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI .
this is my first post here on the forums .
ill try and give as much info as i can .

my name is Timo , im from Sweden.
i am coming from a motorboat background and i am totally green to sailing .So please have a bit of patience with my questioning , and what the correct terms are called
with that said . about 6 weeks ago i purchased my first sailboat .
its a 1965 Havsfidra 20 footer, inboard motor : 1 cylinder 6hhp Göta motor .

we have been personalizing the interior where things should be placed and so on . not only inside ,but. on the deck as well .we have come to the conclusion that we need a bit more space .
so i am looking to move the Solarpanel from the deck to the stern pulpit , a garmin gps ,stern lamp , a place to dry towels ,clothes fishing rods etc..
i see several of the sailboats in our bay have a vertical then horizontal then vertical extension mounted on the stern pulpit . what are these called ?
well apparently i cannot post links of images until i receive 10 points ..
so i hope i made it clear enough

question #2
running lines for the rull genua . what type of material should they be ?. what we are using now are slipping on the winsch . and we have no control over the running lines .
thanks very much for the responses .
CHeers from Sweden
/Timo

·
Registered
372 Posts
Stern davits are most likely what you are looking at and a common place to mount panels.

As far as genoa sheets, it's probably not the material, depending on the winch you do need to load them up to get the winch to grab. I would see if you can ask a local sailor on the dock to show you how. With a 20 foot boat you probably don't really need winches for the most part. Just wrap the rope around the winch and cleat it. If the wind is strong enough the winch will hold to let you pull in the genoa.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
@tschmidty
thank you very much for the correct term . now i can start my research for one ..
as for the running sheets ( thanks again for the correct term :) i thought that it would be enough to wrap & cleat it off . as you said .
thanks for the reply .

edit ..
i found exactly what they are called .
" A sailboat Arch Davit"

·
Registered
830 Posts
Timo;

Welcome :D

I have had the good fortune to see a boat (that I believe is) like yours. If I'm not mistaken, member "Ulladh" (?) has one.. I'm surprised that they had an inboard, though. They appear to be quite sea-worthy little craft; sort of like asmall, ocean-going life boat with a cockpit! :D
As far as your push-pit/arch goes....
Anything is possible given enough thought and money! ;)

Fair winds,
Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ulladh had / has one yes .. check the blog ..also if your curious about the Fisksätra Havsfidra 20 its easy to google it .

there are several around where we live . ours in #73 from 1965 ..we are the forth owners . its almost all original and in very top condition .

ive been searching for an arch for the stern pulpit ( now that i know what they are called :)
and it seems that there isnt anything available , or exactly what i am looking for . might be a custom build i am guessing now .but that is OK ..

cheers
/T

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Ulladh had / has one yes .. check the blog ..also if your curious about the Fisksätra Havsfidra 20 its easy to google it .

there are several around where we live . ours in #73 from 1965 ..we are the forth owners . its almost all original and in very top condition .

ive been searching for an arch for the stern pulpit ( now that i know what they are called :)
and it seems that there isnt anything available , or exactly what i am looking for . might be a custom build i am guessing now .but that is OK ..

cheers
/T
There are elbows and other parts you can buy to design your own.
Have a look here Pulpit/Stege
In the section Grabbräcke

·
Freedom isn't free
3,073 Posts
Impressive tough little boat.. looks pretty classy. Welcome.
Certainly looks like an around the world in 20 feet kind of boat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts