SailNet Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are looking for a race scoring program-software for our club. I know there are some free programs out there. I downloaded RaceSail but it isn't easy to figure out. Something easy to use would be great.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
We switched to Sailwave when I was RC chair at our club and it has been great. The hardest part is training others to enter the finish data into the computer. They all seemed to disappear the second I got to the dock. It is easy to download, simple to set up for the races or series you want, and there is a forum for Q&A support if you have any questions.
The results are automatically tallied according to the point system or handicap system you want. If you put a laptop with wifi on the RC boat, they can be posted on the club website before the boat gets back to the dock. We could see no reason to pay for something else that we didn't think would be any easier to use, or more accurate.

·
Once known as Hartley18
5,179 Posts

·
Registered
7,314 Posts
ANother vote for sailwave. switched the club I belonged to to it about 6 yrs ago, MOre complicated than a calculator and pencil, but overall, much simpler for MANY reasons.

Marty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.