SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a moody 31 here on the Med (barcelona). We want to get a bigger boat and I am looking to the new Racer-cruiser like the Elan 40 (kind of first 40.7) I really like the boat, my question is about how confortable should be that kind of boat for cruising (summer times 4-5 weeks maximum9 going arround the Med. any sugestions will be really appreciated.

·
Administrator
9,254 Posts
I sail on a 40.7. These are greta boats for what you are proposing. Elans have never done much for me.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We just recently purchased a 40.7 for club racing/coastal cruising. Haven''t had the opportunity to use it yet, but I am anticpating it will be fine for both.

The question is how many kids & how old. Too many teenagers and the Queen Mary may not be big enough...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well first I think the new Elan 40 is a beautiful boat....how many childresn just two 6 and 8 years they have been sailing for 3 years now. My wife does not sail much but I think a bigger boat will help her to gain confidence and confort in a cruising holidays...I will also enjoy the boat for some races, I hope.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts