SailNet Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beauty today in Phoenix, 70 degrees nice 8 knot winds and the fleet was racing today...

Marina Harbor Vehicle Port Boat

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
That was just evil. It was 18 degrees here today. Last Sunday, we had almost a foot of snow. On Wednesday we had an ice storm that took out power to over a half million people, and many still don't have power. We have another storm coming tomorrow that is supposed to dump another 1-2". Wed/Thu of next week we're due for another storm, and then possibly another one over the weekend. And you have the nerve to post about sailing in 70 degree weather?!?!?!

Can you tell I'm bitter, and more than a tad envious!! :)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was just trying to brighten your day :laugher

I don't race, I'm a newbie with only 90 days of experience behind the tiller and I'm always single handed. Being around all those boats with spinnakers flying and people tacking for wind would be zero fun :eek:

I usually find a nice spot and hove-to and watch. That picture was taken from the parking lot way above the lake...

·
Old as Dirt!
3,489 Posts

I usually find a nice spot and hove-to and watch....
"Heave-too", is present/future tense. "Hove-too" is past tense. E.g. you might plan to heave-too to watch but you would have been/were hove-too while you watched.

FWIW...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts