SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
Reaction score
This is a thread I will watch, but are you familiar with Panbo.com? I only fairly recently found it. He has some excellent reviews of different electronics. One thing is do you already have a chart plotter that you want to overlay on? That could be a major consideration.

· Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
Reaction score
Thanks. I've been reading through the reviews on Panbo.com. Some are more informative than others. I also hate the blog approach ... terrible way to organize information. But I'm reading.

Good question about the plotter. We have a handheld, along with an iPad backup, so will be getting a new one with the radar system. I need a small display that I can house down at the chart table, but am also wondering if I can use a wifi connection to mirror the display on my iPad for cockpit use. There is a nice Garmin package that seems enticing.

SVAuspicious, do you have any specific recommendations for online courses? I'll probably need something like that to get going.
Yea, the blog layout works well once you are caught up and want to read what is "latest" but it is not that helpful for research. I have not tried his site for searches, but most blogs search function is basically useless. Seems to make a nice "landing page" but further in it should be better organized.

I also agree that a true MFD is better suited to helm as it is sun light viewable, and water proof. iPad is great down below or as a second display that you can take under the dodger to get away from sun/rain.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.