SailNet Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any of you smart computer people figure out how to get the Lats & Atts streaming radio on the I-Phone? I have tried the Fstream application by putting in the web URL - (http://www.seafaring.com/templates/<a href) - but it doesn't work. According to the FAQ on Fstream it says you need the stream URL. I don't know how to find that. I also tried substituting the HTTP with mms, but that didn't work either. Steve at Lats & Atts just said he didn't think it would work on their radio. I'm confused.:confused:

·
Registered
166 Posts
but there are L&A Podcasts

Probably the next best things

Can any of you smart computer people figure out how to get the Lats & Atts streaming radio on the I-Phone? I have tried the Fstream application by putting in the web URL - (http://www.seafaring.com/templates/<a href) - but it doesn't work. According to the FAQ on Fstream it says you need the stream URL. I don't know how to find that. I also tried substituting the HTTP with mms, but that didn't work either. Steve at Lats & Atts just said he didn't think it would work on their radio. I'm confused.:confused:

·
Registered
17 Posts
ootunes

I down loaded the app "ootones" wich gives you thousands of radio stations world wide. In ootunes i searched under" search all streams", then serched "sailing "and the second station is ,Seafaring-latitudes&attitudes Mag,. Came in fine

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I am addicted to listening music all the time. All this while I have been using a native app called iRadio (installable from installer.app on a jailbroken iPhone). But this stuff is not very happening. Last week I found this cool webapp called “MusicRadio” and started using it. Must say, it rocks. Cool stations and lots of options.... Thanks for sharing the post...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Screaming it from the masthead-I phones are great if you live in or near large pop.centres of the world-if not forget it as they do not have universal coverage.
Those who live in or close by to pop.centres just do not seem to realise this just as you accept cable and optic broadband as the norm;piped utilities to your home etc.
What is even more anger generating is that service providers have no intention whatever of extending their services to rural areas!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Tune in

Tune in radio app on the iPhone lets you listen to terrestrial stations streaming or Internet radio. Search by locale, call letters, genre or a couple other options, record and play back like a DVR, schedule recording, etc..
Pretty impressive so far.

·
&#9608;&#9608;&#9619;&#9619;&#9618;&#9618;&#9617;&
13,645 Posts
I think the problem is in their web site, not your phone.

I tried to open their radio link (from the main L&A web page) and whether I use the standard MSIE8 browser, or the phone's browser, all I get is a dumb sub-page that has one audio clip on it. Sometimes the same clip--sometimes not. It seems like they are serving up static clips from a somewhat limited pool and that they are not really streaming anything--at least, not right now.

Maybe they only stream at certain times, and the rest is short clips by artists looking for exposure?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts