SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the LST/MC is not approved for many USA waters and it takes a lot of DC power, but I would like to receive firt-hand (not hearsay) feed-back from Lectra/San owners. How long installed? Self-installed? How much use (i.e., live-a-board, week-end cruises, etc.)? Reliability? Maintenance issues? Problem areas? Would you choose an LST/MC for your next boat? General opinion of LST/MC versus holding tank?

Thanks in advance,
RFC

·
Registered
87,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
rfc, i installed one two years ago and i can only assume that it is doing what it was designed to do. i''m a live-a-board, and have not had to do any maintenance (other than feeding it saltwater). a couple things i would suggest, first, place your house battery as close to the unit as you can. the reason being is the unit will error out if there is a voltage drop. second, install a separate control for the flush. so you can control the flush time. finally, LST/MC versus holding tank. i would go with the holding tank. only because most places do not allow pumping overboard AT ALL! so the money you spend on the LST/MC is "down the drain"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts