SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
699 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two of these and thought until this year that I liked them. I have been chasing down leaks on both of them this year and have now realized that both of them have small cracks in underside of the base. All the rebuild kits in the world aren't going to solve that problem.

Has anyone else had this with the PHII heads? I am thinking replacing the base is going to be a pain, but that's where I'm headed I think. They are at least 10 years old, so I suppose it's inevitable.

· Registered
699 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pump housing is not the problem. It's the base that has cracks. The pump housing assembly can and has cracked too, but it doesn't include the piston which can also break. They also sell the assembly complete with piston and prints etc....

But our problem is cracks in the base, and it's is not just a cover Seaduction.. 1246w is the cover.

· Registered
699 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I have taken the housing apart and rebuilt everything on these PHII heads many more times than I ever wanted to. The problem now is the base as JeffH mentioned. Seaduction, thanks for showing Raritan's diagram, but the base is not "actually just a cover."

I have ordered the base. I have tried repairing with limited success on this one.

What I like about the PHII is that it is largely plug and play, and that's my goal with everything. The base is not a part of any rebuild kits, so of course this complicates things since I am overseas.

Thanks all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.