SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Master Mariner
9,540 Posts
Reaction score
I hate the PHll heads, but we use ours every single day, not just now and then. Both ours cracked at the pump/exhaust hose junction and that requires a complete pump unit for replacement, nearly the price of a new head. I chose to replace the pump on one with the Jabsco electric conversion which solves the problem permanently and will do the other when I find a good deal on another Jabsco conversion or find a Wilcox/Crittenden Skipper head; now that was a great marine toilet!
I did try to repair one, but as mentioned nothing will stick to that plastic and even when I melted the same plastic as a repair it just recracked.

· Master Mariner
9,540 Posts
Reaction score
Being using ours daily for 5 years (perm liveaboards) and only repair has been replacement of jocker valve. Cracked pump housing usually from frost damage or overtightening of screws holding jocker valve and outlet bracket.
raritain provides bare pump housing, no need to by complete pump.
Not too much frost down here in the Caribbean. Last I checked the pump housing was around us$170.00, not all that cheap. No screw tightening will crack the housings at the base under the outlet fixture. The outlet design does not allow for the newer less flexible hoses of today, as mentioned above.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.