SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,920 Posts
Reaction score
I have a Raritan PHII on my present boat and have had them on other boats as well. To me they represent one of the best of the reasonably priced toilets that are out there. I just rebuilt mine last spring and the parts were readily available through Raritan, although they are not inexpensive.

What I like about the PHII is that it needs comparatively little maintenance, the parts can be easily removed and replaced (unlike a similar priced PAR) and the parts are readily available.

If there is a shortcoming it is the connection between the base and the waste discharge elbow which can be difficult to seat properly with the force of any misalignment in a modern heavy wall hose. I actually made a small clamping device that I used to pull the parts together and in alignment so that I could get the bolts into place without straining the plastic. I also added large washers under the heads of the bolts and nuts to spread the load.

Jeff

· Super Moderator
Farr 11.6 (Farr 38)
10,920 Posts
Reaction score
Last I checked the pump housing was around us$170.00, not all that cheap.
I don't know when or where you looked but the list price for the pump housing with the shaft seal cartridge is around $70.00 and Defender has that part for around $60.00.

Raritan PHII Pump Housing Assembly

Defender also carries the base (part 1249) which they sell for $45.00.
Raritan Toilet Base

Both parts combined cost less than the cheapest toilet out there.

Jeff

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.