SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dear raymarine experts, I have studied the raymarine website in order to find out a suitable configuration for my needs but, while getting familiar with raymarine products, I came up with many questions.

I have a beneteau 31ft with very obsolete (more than 20 yo) depth and speed displays and two through hull transducers . I do not have a wind station and there is not a wire/ cable in the mast to easily install a wind transducer.

I would like to begin replacing the old speed and depth displays with a raymarine i70 instrument but I am not convinced about which transducer I should install. One good option would be using smart transducers (no need for ICT-5) and get a DST800 Plastic (A22111). However, as I have two holes in the hull I would prefer to replace both transducers. DT800-12 (A22112) would do depth and temperatures but what about the smart transducer for the speed, does it exist?(Question 1) If not why?(Question 2)

If I decide not to use a smart transducer and use an ICT-5 which transducers would be the best?(Question 3) For depth I guess that I should use D800/P17 (E26030) or P19 (M78713-PZ-A), but what is the difference between the two?(Question 4) For speed transducers I can choose between P17 (E25025) and ST800/P120 (E26031), again, what is the difference? (Question 5)

A final doubt is this. I was thinking that in order to simplify the installation of the wind transducer on the mast I could install a wireless wind transmitter (T120) coupled with a multifunction wireless display (T112). However, can this wireless display be connected to the i70 via the seatalk backbone (Question 6).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would like to begin replacing the old speed and depth displays with a raymarine i70 instrument but I am not convinced about which transducer I should install. One good option would be using smart transducers (no need for ICT-5) and get a DST800 Plastic (A22111). However, as I have two holes in the hull I would prefer to replace both transducers. DT800-12 (A22112) would do depth and temperatures but what about the smart transducer for the speed, does it exist?(Question 1) If not why?(Question 2)

If I decide not to use a smart transducer and use an ICT-5 which transducers would be the best?(Question 3) For depth I guess that I should use D800/P17 (E26030) or P19 (M78713-PZ-A), but what is the difference between the two?(Question 4) For speed transducers I can choose between P17 (E25025) and ST800/P120 (E26031), again, what is the difference? (Question 5)
Howdy,

Re: replacing the two hull transducers. I'd recommend going with the single DST800 and closing/re-glassing the second hole. Avoid the complexity of the ICT ... its meant to bridge old kit onto NMEA 2K (or whatever Ray calls their version of NMEA 2K).

I just did the same transducer refit, though with B&G Triton displays.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I tought the same but i still wondering why raymarine does not make a smart depth transducer and not a smart depth transducer (at least not listed in their website).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts