SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 32ft Ericson with a wheel steering and I am looking for a good used autopilot. This isn't my "forever" boat and I don't plan on keeping it more than a couple years so I don't want to invest a fortune in a new one. The boat currently has a Raymarine Autohelm 3000 which is non-functioning. I would like to replace it with something similar. I am not concerned if doesn't connect to a chartplotter/GPS or adjust automatically to changes in the wind or current. I don't need all the bells and whistles. I just want a simple and reliable autopilot that will hold a decent course. It will be mostly used while single handing if I need to mess with the sails or things like that. I will mostly be shopping ebay but if you know of another source for used marine electronics let me know. Thanks!

· Registered
163 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the input. Looks like I have a few models to keep an eye out for. I think the st4000 would be great because from the looks of it I can reuse a lot of the mounting hardware for a simple install.

· Registered
163 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
we have an inexpensive Ray-Marine ST2000 Tiller Pilot that attaches to the wheel.
That is a brilliant idea and would certainly work for my needs. Any chance you can upload some pictures? I am sure others would appreciate it as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.