SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for recommendations in the Annapolis/ Pasadena area for a good shop (that won't break the bank) to drop the keel on my Oday 302 and inspect the keel bolts. Any recommendations? I want someone who is qualified for the job.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,436 Posts
Oak Harbor Marina in Pasadena is very reasonable. Everybody is busy doing spring commissioning now however.

Ask for Ken or JB.

Good luck,
George
I second Oak Harbor marina. I have completed several projects with our boat at their yard with their assistance. Its a family owned business, work directly with Ken the owner for pricing and what the job may entail. Kept our boat there for several years as well

Marina stores are within close proximity as well, COBE marine and West marine are within just a few minutes drive from the yard. They allow DIY as well

Please mention my name.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Cooks Marine in Deale, but I concur that dropping the keel is a bit extreme for checking the keel bolts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a survey done that showed some weeping at the stub/keel joint. The weeping seemed minor, but the recommendation was to drop the keel, inspect the bolts, and rebed the joint. Hoping it can be done as a short haul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts