SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be interested in knowing if there is a preferred sailmaker who has a successful track record with the PS34 working sails, and gennys....and is considered to be a go-to sailmaker for the model.

I know any sailmaker can make sails for any boat, but some may understand the boat model and its particular characteristics better than others. I would like to know about a sailmaker with such insights. Thanks for your comments.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I would be interested in knowing if there is a preferred sailmaker who has a successful track record with the PS34 working sails, and gennys....and is considered to be a go-to sailmaker for the model.

I know any sailmaker can make sails for any boat, but some may understand the boat model and its particular characteristics better than others. I would like to know about a sailmaker with such insights. Thanks for your comments.
retomas:

The factory on our former 2000 PSC37 used Ullman Blue Water sails. That said, I would consider Port Townsend Sails (Carol Hasse) for their craftstmanship and the fact that they are in your neighborhood.

Mancini's "Voyage of the Swan" is a great resource you may want to review.

We most recently opted for DP Hydranet Radial sailcloth via Doyle on our current boat. Doyle Ft. Lauderdale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Another very fine loft is Schattauer Sails in Seattle. They made sails for our 34, and for the first time we just raised the new mainsail that they made for the Leisure Furl on our 40. Beautifu and meticulous work and very nice people.

Paul
QuanYin PS 40, #33

·
Coastal Carolinas
103 Posts
Just recently replaced the main on our 34. Used Ullman sails as they are still the preferred vendor for PSC's after checking with Thumper. Sail was delivered on schedule (5-6 weeks) and sets beautifully. Went with 2 reef points and full battens.

John S
PSC 34 #201
Norstar

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your responses...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts