SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Recycle those old sails! Sea Fever Gear is trying to keep those old sails out of the landfills and encourage grass roots recycling - do you have any? We'll come pick them up. Spinnakers, bloppers, dacron, kevlar - any sails will do. Drop us an email at Let's keep it green! Thanks, Penny

·
Registered
520 Posts
Here's one better... North Sails is running a recycling special: they will pay for the UPS shipping of your old sail and give you 25% off the purchase of a new sail before August 31, 2009. Good deal -- wish I were in the market!

Link: Think Green, Buy Blue!

(FTR: No association with North Sails)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
recycling old sails

Our main goal is to encourage recycling of those wonderful old sails so they don't end up in the landfills. It takes a grass roots movement to get the word out on this. We recycle them into useful items so they get a second life. We can pick them up or pay for shipping. Keep it green. Thanks, Penny

·
Registered
23 Posts
They are either reselling them as used or they sew them into other items such as purses. I think seafevergear should buy some AD space on this site instead of making posts like this.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just bought a new Mainsail using the North Sail deal. Got a great deal to start with and an additional 25% off made it an offer I couldn't pass on. If you are in the marker, take advantage of the deal.

My local North loft even offered to box and ship my old sail back for free. Seems like they also extended the deadline a little bit. You just have to purchase a new sail by the deadline, not ship them the old one back by the deadline as the ad used to read.

Not affiliated with North in any way other then a new customer.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I ran across a site somewhere that was saving old sails and giving them to poor coastal fishermen who use them..anyone else know what i am talking about..maybe it will come to me....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts