SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
192 Posts
Reaction score
Bill,
I have rewired both the bow and stern pulpits ON NiftyNickers.What you have is a great glob of 3m5200 it the hole in the deck thru which the wire passes.On the 37 the wire passes thru the rear-most port side leg of the bow pulpit.
You may be able to access the wire and glob by loosening that foot and raising it a couple of inches.The pulpit structure has enough GIVE to allow you to raise that foot a inch or so.
good luck,
Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

· Registered
192 Posts
Reaction score
Bill,
Congrats on a job well done.It helps to be small and very nimble working in the anchor locker.As for cleaning the anchor locker, last year I wiggled up in there with a shop vac and vacuumed down to the bottom.I was amazed at the amount of sand,mud and rust from the anchor chains that had accumulated down there blocking the lubber hole.I'll bet there was 15lbs of stuff down there.At the same time I lined the rear bulkhead of the anchor locker with very heavy plastic sheeting to prevent water from intruding into the V berth area when the bow is buried in green water during heavy weather.
We have very fond memories of Green Turtle Cay and St.Augustine (one of our favorite towns).
Good luck and Fair Winds,
Dianne and Chuck Burke S/V NiftyNickers C37 #139

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.