SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Current Cruiser
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to sort out the electrical on my new (to me) boat. It has a Xantrex Freedom Marine 25 inverter with a Xantrex control (the kind with the LEDs), which seems to be working fine. I also discovered a Link 2000 on the boat, perhaps from a previous setup. I would like to use this to monitor amps in/out of the house battery bank (4 golf cart batteries), rather than just the crude "snapshot" LEDs which give me battery voltage and current amp usage.

Does anyone know if I can install the Link 2000 to just monitor the house battery amps in/out, without control of the inverter? Or should I just replace the newer unit with the old (still says Heart) Link 2000?

Thanks,

Chris
s/v Troubadour
Beneteau Idylle 15.5

·
Registered
3 Posts
Link panel

I dont know the answer..... but I do need a control panel for my Freedom 15.
Please let me know if you determine that you want to sell either one of them.
thanks in advance. tom

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
I'd recommend installing the Link 2000, since, IIRC, it can also control the Freedom series inverters.

I am trying to sort out the electrical on my new (to me) boat. It has a Xantrex Freedom Marine 25 inverter with a Xantrex control (the kind with the LEDs), which seems to be working fine. I also discovered a Link 2000 on the boat, perhaps from a previous setup. I would like to use this to monitor amps in/out of the house battery bank (4 golf cart batteries), rather than just the crude "snapshot" LEDs which give me battery voltage and current amp usage.

Does anyone know if I can install the Link 2000 to just monitor the house battery amps in/out, without control of the inverter? Or should I just replace the newer unit with the old (still says Heart) Link 2000?

Thanks,

Chris
s/v Troubadour
Beneteau Idylle 15.5

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks

thanks, I guess you hooked up your 2000 and like it.
Did you leave the standard one installed too?
Please keep me in mind if you have an extra.

Note: I posted a wanted item, too.

tom in SD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts