SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Sailnet Vendor
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you know a good A4 mechanic to do annual service/checkup on my A4?
Thanks in advance!
Judy

·
Registered
Corsair 24
4,594 Posts
Ill walk you through it for free

hows that?

·
Old enough to know better
4,346 Posts
I would find the oldest and crankiest auto mechanic you can find. If they use phrases like "don't need those damn fangled computers" you know you found the right guy. Preferably missing most of there teeth, and may even do the work for cheap just to get to work on an old simple motor! Names like Cletus, and Jeb are good indicators that they may work out well.

In all seriousness, what do you need for the annual service? They are basically 1950's tractor motors nothing out there simpler than these motors. I think the best thing is to do it yourself as you will get to know the motor and will not be intimidated if there are issues with it when you need it out in the ocean. You should be able to pull the carburetor apart yourself and set the points as well just in case you need to do it in order to get back in someday.

These guys can get you any part and I believe they have a service manual the wrote for the motor - Moyer Marine Atomic 4 Engine Rebuilding and Parts

You will likely want to update to electronic ignition.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Any A4 owner should be a regular visitor to the Moyer Marine forums. Lots of very helpful experts live there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts