SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Coastal Traveler
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I store my inflatable deflated most of the time. What is the best method of putting registration numbers on an Achillies hypalon inflatable so they don't come off ?

·
Pearson 303
410 Posts
We use the plastic registration boards for the numbers (available at almost any marine store). I have them attached to the line that runs from the bow down the side of the boat with reusable zip ties (the kind with the little levers so they can be removed and reused). However, I've found that they can even remain attached when the boat is deflated and folded and they don't get in the way. The other option is to use lettering that is specially made for inflatbles, but I've noticed that even those start to fall off in short time; and the registration stickers never stay on more than a few days.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Check to make sure that your state permits boards that are removable. Some don't. And you may have a problem when cruising to a state that doesn't. The Dept. of Homeland Security doesn't like them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This is one of those areas that drives me crazy. We registered our dink just like you are supposed to but the damn reg stickers and numbers don't stay on for anything especially after deflating and inflating. Finally we just said screw it and wrote the numbers on with a big black marker and the one remaining reg sticker (other when fell off for good) we just stuck on the wooden transom. I know it is technically not legal but comon what am I supposed to do? It is a damn blow up dink afterall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts