SailNet Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Renault RC8D 1 cylinder diesel engine in need of a new alternator. :unsure: I'm a giant newb to engines of any kind and I seem to be having a hard time figuring out what alternator to get. :oops: If anyone can either point me on how to educate myself on how to choose an alternator and/or suggest an alternator for me to get, I would appreciate it! :)
Thanks much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an old Renault RC8D 1 cylinder diesel engine in need of a new alternator. :unsure: I'm a giant newb to engines of any kind and I seem to be having a hard time figuring out what alternator to get. :oops: If anyone can either point me on how to educate myself on how to choose an alternator and/or suggest an alternator for me to get, I would appreciate it! :)
Thanks much!
Hi Benjiem86.
Had this issue last year and went crazy trying to find one. What I ended up doing was taking it to a shop to see if it could be rebuilt. It couldn't, but they were much better than I was at finding a suitable replacement. It cost about $100.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Benjiem86.
Had this issue a few years ago and went crazy trying to find one. What I ended up doing was taking it to a shop to see if it could be rebuilt. It couldn't, but they were much better than I was at finding a suitable replacement. It cost about $100.

Hope that helps.
Edit: I'll try to find the paperwork and see if I can determine a brand / part number for you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edit: I'll try to find the paperwork and see if I can determine a brand / part number for you.
Thanks!
I'm also thinking probably this one would work (?)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts