SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone's familiar with Deep Creek Lake, MD? Planning to visit for a long weekend in September, and I'm wondering (1) if there is anywhere to rent a small sailboat (2 kids, 7 & 9 to sail with me.....although I'd also be ok with a dinghy and only take one out at a time); and (2) best places to sail on the lake that may be further away from all the motor traffic (to help in planning where we may stay). Ideas?

Jim

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have stayed at Deep Creek in the past. I looked into sailboat rentals and didn't find any. I ended up trailering my Catalina 22 there. This lake is not set up well for sailboats as there are several bridges that cross it. I ended up leaving the mast off and just motoring the boat around the lake. Now there are several places that rent motor boats and I would recommend that option for you. It is a beautiful lake and you will have fun.

Reactions: WGEwald

·
Registered
Tartan 37
5,326 Posts
No sailboat rental that I know of, there is a small sailing club. It might be worth looking into. There are certain times they allow jet skis, I would probably avoid that time of day for sailing.

Its beautiful, we have a cabin up there...could be chilly in September ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts