SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Possibly improving
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to replace the standing rigging on my 27' O'day sailboat. Is it possible for me to look up the specs for that boat and order a package from a company or do I have to measure each wire?

Thanks

·
Registered
898 Posts
Measure each wire "pin-to-pin" with the turnbuckles in their tuned rig position. Measure or mark the turnbuckles before loosening.

The marine industry being what it is, there is a good chance each rig is different, even from the factory.

·
Registered
204 Posts
You can find O'Day owners manuals online, which usually have the rigging specs in them.
The safest way is to bring the old rigging to the rigging shop. Sailboats are really hand made, even the "mass" produced ones.
Try drmarine.com. They have a lot of Oday parts.
lou

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
When we owned our Hunter 25 we replaced the standing rigging twice. Once when we bought it and again about 6 years later. Standing rigging is cheaper than a new spar. The first time I had the yard drop the mast, I took the rigging down to the local chandler. We stretched the rigging out on the local sidewalk and measured. The second time we took the boat to a local island where a group of us muscled the mast down. I sent the rigging off to a shop in Miami. More beers later, the mast was back up with the new rigging. Be sure to label each piece as to its location.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.