SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm a newbie, the recent proud owner, along with the sailor in the family, of a 1997 flybridge cruiser, 44' Colvic Sunquest, twin CAT's 3116's with two problems, so I guess I'll be using this site quite a bit.

First up - she needs a generator; the previous owners removed the Vetus 4.14, I know not why. I'm trying to source a used unit but haven't managed it yet.

If I were to go with a replacement, what would be best? I wanted to stay with the Vetus as all the connections and sound proof box are still in situ, and everything else (apart from the engines) is Vetus.

I intend to potter around British waters for a while, will have shore power, but also intend to take her to the Med when time and tide permit.

Apologies if I have not used the appropriate terminology, I will have to learn this too :)

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Umm... You are aware that this is a sailing site, not a power boat site? A Colvic Sunquest, last I checked was a motoryacht, not a sailboat.

That said, it would help if you said what size genset you were looking for, and what your budget for purchasing it was. If you really want to stay with Vetus....just buy what was previously aboard the boat. That would greatly simplifiy installation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts