SailNet Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke a stanchion recently. Any idea where I would find something similar to the one pictured. These are off my 1966 HR28 by Hinterhoeller.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I broke a stanchion recently. Any idea where I would find something similar to the one pictured. These are off my 1966 HR28 by Hinterhoeller.
You may be able to source it from this old OEM supplier. (Once know as Tops-in-Quality, IIRC)
White Water Marine - Stanchions and Bases

Otherwise, if it's SS, just have any good ss fabricator repair it and buff it back to a mirror shine.

Loren

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The base is the broken part. I was not aware they came separate. Would love to resource the base alone. Let me check Garhauer.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whitewater and garhauer did not have. tried rigrite but their email system to send pic appears broken. any other ideas?

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
You may drive yourself nuts trying to an exact replacement. If something in the Garhauer catlog is close, give them a call. I've heard that they will make custom changes to their stock parts.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Send you pic to Tim Doel at Klacko Spars Ltd., Oakville, ON. They were the spar builders for C&C, Hinterhoeller Yachts and others, 40 years in business with same owners and same location, custom fabricating in stainless & aluminum, can take your aluminum casting and recast off it, "can't" is not in their vocabulary. Best yet is they have bins of cast off and salvaged fittings. 905-825-0015 klackospars.com [email protected]
Yes I'm raving:D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts