SailNet Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Replacing my Bendable solar pannal.

Hi everyone,

I have a new video up as i replace my Renogy 100 watt solar panel that was discounted and showing some where with one from LinkSolar. This will be a few part series where i will go into detail about the install on a Bimini.

Here is the first part.

https://youtu.be/wQ25DIhuYhk

Sorry for not embedding the video. Cant seem to get it to work after the fact.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Thanks for the video. I lost my Renogy panel in a tornadic type storm that came through my harbor. Only had it one season but, it worked well. Would have bought more had they kept making them. The new panels you are using require a little more setup for mounting. I like the Renogy already had the grommets installed.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the video. I lost my Renogy panel in a tornadic type storm that came through my harbor. Only had it one season but, it worked well. Would have bought more had they kept making them. The new panels you are using require a little more setup for mounting. I like the Renogy already had the grommets installed.
I don't think i would have got another. My video on the Renogy had a lot of comments about people having a lot less luck then i did.
The rumor was they stopped making them because of durability problems.

I believe LinkSolar has ones with the grommets. But i couldn't find one that lined up with my existing mounting system. (you can se it in the Renogy video) So i got one without the grommets so i could get my canvas shop to add them to line up with my existing mounting points on my Bimini.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts