SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to replace some older Groco valves that you can't get parts for anymore. Should I replace the thru hulls at the same time or can I just replace the valve if the thru hull is not showing any signs of problems. Can I just clean them up. I haven't come up on thread about using the bronze vs Marlon valves, but with price close, the bronze seem like the choice though I did put a couple Marlons in my last boat that were fine for the 7 years I had them. Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wanting to replace some older Groco valves that you can't get parts for anymore. Should I replace the thru hulls at the same time or can I just replace the valve if the thru hull is not showing any signs of problems. Can I just clean them up. I haven't come up on thread about using the bronze vs Marlon valves, but with price close, the bronze seem like the choice though I did put a couple Marlons in my last boat that were fine for the 7 years I had them. Any thoughts appreciated

Thanks
Groco valves or seacocks? These things usually last forever.
What kind of parts are you looking at replacing?

Have you seen these sites:

Seacock & Thru-Hull Primer/Pre Information Photo Gallery by Compass Marine at pbase.com

Servicing Tapered Cone Seacocks Photo Gallery by Compass Marine at pbase.com

Replacing Thru-Hulls and Seacocks Photo Gallery by Compass Marine at pbase.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.