SailNet Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

For a project we have to research sailing and creation of marine data. We came across this forum and we hope we can find some answers in this sailing community regarding lifestyle of sailors and marine research. Answering the questions will take approximately 5 minutes.

1. How does your daily life look like?
2. How do you manage social contact on the boat (during sailing)?
3. How long are sailing trips (to a specific location) typically in terms of duration?
4. What is your opinion about ocean pollution? Do you encounter this problem during sailing?
5. Do you have equipment on the boat which can measure ocean quality (such as sea temperature, salinity, PH, ...)? And yes, which equipment do you have?
6. Do you or would you like to measure the ocean quality on a frequent basis (daily or weekly)?
7. How often do you have internet connection? Do you consider this connection as expensive?
8. How strong is this connection (bandwidth)? Are you able to send photos and videos?
9. Which devices do you work with (e.g. laptop, mobile phone)?

Thanks in advance,
marineproject

·
Registered
22,680 Posts
Welcome, but who is "we"?

I'm not even sure what some of your questions are asking.

I'm opposed to ocean pollution, but haven't seen a ton of it. I know it exists. I use an iPad. My daily life? Social contact? Weird survey.

·
Administrator
7,229 Posts
In a spiritual sense? Or, like, in a Facebook sense? I always edit my photos and enhance the colors. (Enhance the colors of me and degrade the colors of other people in the photos. Well, it's my Facebook page and my friends just really want to see me.)

5. Do you have equipment on the boat which can measure ocean quality (such as sea temperature, salinity, PH, ...)?
Is water temperature a measure of water quality? Whats better warm or cool?
Salinity? Really is the oceans salinity a quality problem unit of measure?

Are you marine biologists or something? Or any sort of scientists? Grade schoolers?

I'm sure you mean well, but a bit more information may let us pitch our answers at the right level.

I'm thinking crayons on paper Vs Oxford University.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Very well, where do I begin?

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

·
Master Mariner
8,767 Posts
Dear all,

For a project we have to research sailing and creation of marine data. We came across this forum and we hope we can find some answers in this sailing community regarding lifestyle of sailors and marine research. Answering the questions will take approximately 5 minutes.

3. How long are sailing trips (to a specific location) typically in terms of duration?
4. What is your opinion about ocean pollution? Do you encounter this problem during sailing?
5. Do you have equipment on the boat which can measure ocean quality (such as sea temperature, salinity, PH, ...)? And yes, which equipment do you have?
6. Do you or would you like to measure the ocean quality on a frequent basis (daily or weekly)?
7. How often do you have internet connection? Do you consider this connection as expensive?
8. How strong is this connection (bandwidth)? Are you able to send photos and videos?
9. Which devices do you work with (e.g. laptop, mobile phone)?

Thanks in advance,
marineproject
Perhaps if you gave us a link to your project's site, we might be able to decipher your questions a bit better.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Well for starters, its light most of the day unless there are storm clouds, then its dark and stormy.

I do face time, you know like talk to people, like look them in the eye, you know like verbalize.

I did 4 months once and as short as an hour.

The solution to pollution is dilution. Yea some times like I'm sailing along and FU%K there is a plastic bottle and I want to keel haul or use a cat of nine tails on the person who tossed it.
I've even reached into a whale's blow hole to remove a gold ball my friend hit from a beach. Now the whale follows me around like a puppy dog. I've even used him to pull me off a sand bar or two.

Well I use my toe and judge the temperature on how fast I pull my foot back.

How much money or carbon credits can I earn doing this work?

When I pull into a marina or find someone on shore who left there wireless unsecured. Do I consider it expensive? Look, the wind is free so yea internet is expensive.

What kind of videos and pictures do you want? People in their birthday suit??????

9. Which devices do you work with (e.g. laptop, mobile phone)? Cray 750, SDS 920, IBM 19.

" he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark" Minnesail, your dad had nothing on me, I invented a word, plagiarism.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Well I use my toe and judge the temperature on how fast I pull my foot back.......
Thank you for your reply.
There are two more online interviews in this process to become an Official World Ocean Savior.
If you are selected, you will be authorized to purchase Official World Ocean Savior gear.

Are you willing to use your little pinky toe for testing?

If you answer is no, you will not be able to purchase cool World Ocean Savior gear.

What is your answer?

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
There are two more online interviews in this process to become an Official World Ocean Savior.
If you are selected, you will be authorized to purchase Official World Ocean Savior gear.

Are you willing to use your little pinky toe for testing?

If you answer is no, you will not be able to purchase cool World Ocean Savior gear.

What is your answer?
Can I use carbon credits for the purchase?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts