SailNet Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, The thought of retiring and buying a 50 Morgan with all the bells and whistles sounds great. However the main reason I'm planning on doing just that is because I want no more to do with crappy neighbors, Stop light music, driving all the time , house payments, or anyone telling me what to do or how to do it. See you soon !

·
One of None
8,045 Posts
If you spend the night at a so-called quiet but popular Anchorage you may change your opinion on what is peace and quiet

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Hello all, The thought of retiring and buying a 50 Morgan with all the bells and whistles sounds great. However the main reason I'm planning on doing just that is because I want no more to do with crappy neighbors, Stop light music, driving all the time , house payments, or anyone telling me what to do or how to do it. See you soon !
good luck, but what you seek may not be there, and everyone has another idea of nirvana.

50' is a lot of boat for one guy.

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Go for it.
Rules for anchorages (and countries if possible ).

Good holding with plenty of room to swing or even drag a bit ‘till you get the engine on and reanchor
No cruise ships
No charter boats especially motor cats
No moorings
No potable water nor fuel stations
If possible no people other than yourself
No swell

That’s my list. Others please feel free to add to it. I know I missed things. Surprisingly you can still find places like that. Usually during the school calendar and outside any significant vacation periods.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
No things on a boat that can kill you. yes I know but it has always been a dream of mine
No Pirates or things that go bump in the night.
No hurricanes where you are anchored
No wind unless you want to go sailing.
No wind over 20 and less then 15

·
bell ringer
4,761 Posts
must be this dream world ...................................... somewhere

but of course if there is, it's also

nothing to see
nothing to do
no cell or wifi
lots of bugs
muggy
no water
no fuel
no provisions
no place to get rid of the trash

and of course someone is going to show up and anchor right next to you

But we all have hope :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Reality check - read these two before anything:

https://www.amazon.com/Life-Sea-Level-Stephen-Pavlidis/dp/1892399334

https://www.amazon.com/Call-Ancient-Mariner-Reese-Palley-ebook/dp/B000PY3EPE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1537970323&sr=8-1&keywords=call+of+the+ancient+mariner

·
Registered
6,662 Posts

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I’m with the OP. Ditch the life and do something different. Too many years in the rat race, living in the city. Blah.

I found nice anchorages in the Bahamas, away from Georgetown. Eleuthera and Cat Island just to make a few. Perfect if you want to calm down and be quiet for a bit, find yourself, remember who you are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts