·
Learning the HARD way...
7,833 Posts
Larry Rutter at Rudders and Moorings in Newport/Bristol, RI

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,833 Posts
Ryan Miller at Lattitude Yacht Brokerage in Portsmouth, RI

I have good experience with all three brokers.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,833 Posts
... and what are you looking for in a new-to-you boat?

·
Registered
2005 Sabre 386
125 Posts
I asked the same question a few months ago, and got some good suggestions.

I ended up with Dave McKenney of Brewer Yachts in Wickford. Very helpful and knowledgable...

Search for "RI Broker" in the boat review and purchase forum.

Sorry, I can't make it a link - the site says I haven't posted enough to merit the privilege. You apparently need 10 posts, and this is my 6th...

Good luck!

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,833 Posts
You could also try captainrated.com to see a database of brokers. Ya, you have to create an account (assuming that you don't use ActiveCaptain), but they won't spam you.

·
Learning the HARD way...
7,833 Posts
I asked the same question a few months ago, and got some good suggestions.

I ended up with Dave McKenney of Brewer Yachts in Wickford. Very helpful and knowledgable...

Search for "RI Broker" in the boat review and purchase forum.

Sorry, I can't make it a link - the site says I haven't posted enough to merit the privilege. You apparently need 10 posts, and this is my 6th...

Good luck!
Thread 1: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-review-purchase-forum/160233-ri-broker.html

Thread 2: http://www.sailnet.com/forums/boat-reviews/178882-rhode-island-broker-needed.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wanted to follow up on this forum.

We did in fact buy a boat. We selected Ryan Miller at Latitude Yacht Brokerage in Newport, RI as our broker based on recommendations here and other sources. The entire process fantastic and Ryan led us each step of the way. Since this was our first boat we required a lot of input and Ryan was incredibly informative, constructive, professional and supportive. He helped us with finding, evaluating, surveying, insuring and documenting the vessel.

Will definitely use him again and would recommend him without any reservations.

Also, the sellers broker was Susan Opland at Massey Yacht Sales in Palmetto, FL. She was equally as helpful during the process from my perspective.

Thanks everyone for all of your input.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.