SailNet Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rhodes 19'''' sloop in fiberglass by Ted Herman

I''d like to talk with present and/or past owners of Rhodes 19'' sloops to get more information about the old fiberglass model I recently bought, especially the year(s) they were built by Ted Herman, availability of new and/or used sails, especially with reef points on main and jib, the names and locations of any Rhodes 19 clubs, etc. I will have her on the Chesapeake Bay this summer. I look forward to chatting.

Thanks

Bob Tour

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rhodes 19 underdeck Cockpit issues

I have a 1966 Rhodes 19 with rotted wood that surrounds the cockpit under the deck. This wood is used to mount the 3 pieces of brightwork (port, starboard and aft) and seats in a channel of fiberglass.

After removing all 20-28 pieces, I was able to salvage some good ones and they are 5-6 inches long, 1 inch wide and cut on bias.

I could try to make these myself, but I was wondering if they could be sourced somewhere, what the best wood to use would be and what would be the best install method.

Final question: Do templates exist for the Rhodes 19 underdeck plywood brackets that mount on the hull and under the deck?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.