SailNet Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's just a clamp to go around a rag that has some cleaner on it . Attach a halyard and a downhaul . Yes you have to get in the chair to get above the spreaders .

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Man!...If I lived in a house instead of a sailboat you'd have me scrubbing out my mailbox! It's just not going to happen!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh yes Captain , And after you get done with the soapy rag then you put some Never Dull cotton wadding in there and do it all over again !

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
If you're already in the chair/harness, might as well wipe down the rig. Doesn't take that long and it's good for it. :)

You wash your deck, scrub the bottom, and I'm assuming, wash your lines right?

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
If your rig gets dirty enough to need that much cleaning, you should probably go sailing more often. Sailing, especially in the rain or if there's a lot of spray, seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi zz , I'm not really sure what you are talking about . Because this is a rig cleaner that wipes/scrubs down the rig . First I use it for all the rigging that I can do from the deck . And then I get in the chair to get it above the spreaders and finish the job . It really makes the whole job much easier . And yes zz I wash my lines too. Happy holidays everyone !

·
Barquito
3,682 Posts
And then I get in the chair to get it above the spreaders and finish the job .
The lower rigging probably takes the brunt of the salt spray, anyway. Nice idea. Please post in "Low Buck Projects" if you haven't.

·
I don't discuss my member
2,557 Posts
My statement was directed to those who do not wipe down their rigging.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK, guys that think this should go in low buck projects . Although this is a low buck thing .
It is also a piece of gear that effects maintenance . Ergo Gear and Maintenance .

·
Asleep at the wheel
3,017 Posts
Mark,
Sorry, I didn't phrase my comment properly. I think this is REALLY COOL and should be added to the LBP thread. I really like that thread because it shows a lot of neat jigs that people have built for various purposes, and I thought this would fit in perfectly. It is really handy to have all of those neat ideas collected into a single place, and thought his would be a good addition. I hadn't intended to suggest that this didn't deserve its own thread, that this thread should be deleted, etc. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts