SailNet Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Mirage 25, bought late last year. I had four meetings with the previous owner, one of which included a short sail on the lake (Erie). These, my inspection and a professional survey completed my due diligence, and I closed the deal a few days before the seller's departure for a new home more than 2,000 miles distant. (When I first answered his ad, he told me about his pending departure.) Before leaving, he unstepped the mast (as we had agreed) and put the boat into winter storage, and I witnessed some of this. I am now looking forward to de-storing and launching the boat for this year's sailing season. I plan to get to know the boat's systems well enough to launch it, during the next three weeks.

My main concern is that I am nowhere near familiar enough with the boat's rigging. In past years I have done a fair bit of sailing, nearly all in dinghies. The boat I speak of above is my first keel-boat. The boat's rigging fittings, ropes, lines and other paraphernalia are all on the mast or stored in the boat, but I am not sure what goes where. I am hoping that one or more readers of this may be able and willing to advise me and/or, perhaps, give me info re possible sources of rigging information on a Mirage 25.

Cheers!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts