SailNet Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a Ritchie navigator. Didnt not pay attention in the beginning but later i saw (after the hole on the deck was made) that the compass was broken defective. So i works as a compass but not the clinometer and that parts stops the compass from working properly.

Would Ritchie company refurbish it?

·
Registered
396 Posts
My Navigator's magnets just fell off the card while the boat was on jackstands about a year and a half after I bought it. Returned it to them and they fixed it and shipped it back no charge even though the warranty was over. They said the glue failed. They were good about fixing it, but it left me with little confidence in the quality of the thing. May have been made in China--I don't remember now.
But you might try contacting them.
John V.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,
The experience I had with Ritchie was nothing less than outstanding 3 years after buying my compass when it developed an air bubble. I'm in MA and was able to drive to their HQ on the south shore to drop it off. Not only did they repair the air bubble at no charge they changed the LED from green to red for free. The 3 people I had direct contact with could not have been nicer.

·
Old enough to know better
4,354 Posts
I think Richie will refurbish it, they have a good reputation for repairing even older hardware.

And would you put a shirt on? That avatar is getting old. I think I have gone blind.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not posted for a while because work and boat keeps me very busy. Ritchie refurbished my compass for free. They even payed for shipping. I would not hesitate dealing with the company. By the way i love the compass and if i change boat compass is coming with me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.