SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get me a used cruising / live aboard mono hull. I am looking for a GRP full or ¾ cruising keel mono hull sloop type design. Have been looking at the Roberts 45 and seems to be a good buy considering price and living comfort and seaworthiness. So please any one with experience with this type of yacht or owners please any advice will be appreciated. If anyone has any suggestions of other makes in say 40 to 45 feet range I’m listening. I am not looking for the all fancy interiors but rather practical and comfortable and.

·
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA
4,525 Posts
Many (most?) Roberts designs were home-built. If this is the case for the one you are considering so much depends on the quality of completion. Some home-builts are exquisitely done while many are the kind of thing that I could do, which is not a good thing. They are a lot of boat for the money, although sailing performance is not all that good.

·
Bombay Explorer 44
3,619 Posts
The 45 sails better than many of his designs. Some were professionally built in Taiwan.

Definitely worth looking at as a liveaboard.

There is a cheap one up in Vancouver on Yachtworld.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.