SailNet Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright - I'm looking to go to Rock Hall at the end of June for an event and my charts show an entry channel depth of 4', then 6' for a short bit, then 8ft, and then 6ft to the Sailing Emporium. I called them up and they said there is 8ft of water all the way through the channel. Can anyone confirm for me what the depth actually is through there at low tide?

Thanks!

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all - there's a Precision Rendezvous at The Sailing Emporium at the end of June, and since I used to own a Precision I was thinking of going there. The charts are definitely pretty far off from the real depth.

·
I'd rather be sailing
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Stop bragging! We've been mostly hanging out with cats here in the Bahamas and they all give me a hard time when I talk about waiting for tides, where I can and can't anchor, etc. You guys all suck :)

Anyway, we'll be going to the Sailing Emporium. If you happen to be near the breakwall the charts show 4' depths leading up to G5 and R4. From what others have mentioned above, it sounds like we're fine - I'm just surprised that the chart is THAT inacurrate, especially when it shows surveyed depths of 6ft just past that area as of June of 2008.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.