SailNet Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Anchorsmith
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Thanks to those to date who have responded to our request for photos. We've received a good number of responses, and our little collection is now starting to look like something deserving of the name.

I'm sure the effort made to take and send photos, particularly by those who did it specially, will be greatly appreciated not only by ourselves, but by those other boaters for whom it's intended.
www.rocna.com/kb

Thanks again to the contributors so far.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Craig,

At sailnet, we always apprecaite your input - though we may not always agree. Just curiously, given the nature of your product and influence on this board, wouldn't it be beneficial for you to periodically take out an ad or two to help support a platform you use so much? I know it would be appreciated to help keep the lights on here.

- CD

·
1,000 Posts
CD´s right...a little add would buy you wonders here...as you could post anything you wanted...think about it..

Thanks again for the anchor

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Craig,

At sailnet, we always apprecaite your input - though we may not always agree. Just curiously, given the nature of your product and influence on this board, wouldn't it be beneficial for you to periodically take out an ad or two to help support a platform you use so much? I know it would be appreciated to help keep the lights on here.

- CD
Craig- I have to agree with CD- (holy crap, did I just say that?) You are effectivly using Sailnet as a marketing tool both to discuss your product, and now to collect marketing data and images. It would only seem the right thing to do to help support the platform that has helped you/your company by taking out the occational ad.

Now about that anchor....

·
Roadkillibus Texanis
1,602 Posts
An ad's a great idea! Especially now that ad's are laced through all of the threads. Folks would see the picture of that anchor everywhere.

·
moderate?
1,000 Posts
Craig...once again you use this forum to try to promote your anchors and link to your site in violation of our terms.
You may NOT discuss your anchors EXCEPT in response to a members question. Once again I say to you...TAKE OUT AN AD!

Your post has been edited accordingly.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
CD´s right...a little add would buy you wonders here...as you could post anything you wanted...think about it..

Thanks again for the anchor
In essense, support that which supports you. I have absolutely no doubt (and nor do you or Rocna) that our board has alread sold you countless anchors - either directly or indirectly. Please note - I do NOT (NOT) get paid in any way by Sailnet. I do all of this for free, as does Cam and Jeff. We give back for free - would be nice if you helped support too.

I cannot imagine Rocna not standing behind a revenue source. Thank you for your support. If you do not know where to go to take out an ad, please let me know and I will personally help direct you.

- CD

PS Taking out an ad does not mean free roaming on the board. That would not change, but I surely would not object to you linking your ad (at sailnet) to your post. I doubt others would either.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Craig-

Considering how you're basically in every anchor-related thread... and you are probably pointing people to some of the discussions about anchors that have been held on this forum, many of which have Maine Sail, myself and several other Rocna owners advocating your product, I think it would make sense for your company to take an ad out regarding your product.

Given the very aggressive stance you have regarding your product, and the premium that you charge for your anchor, taking out a few ads is the least you can do.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Craig-

Considering how you're basically in every anchor-related thread... and you are probably pointing people to some of the discussions about anchors that have been held on this forum, many of which have Maine Sail, myself and several other Rocna owners advocating your product, I think it would make sense for your company to take an ad out regarding your product.

Given the very aggressive stance you have regarding your product, and the premium that you charge for your anchor, taking out a few ads is the least you can do.
Ditto to you and everyone above. That's what I am saying. Why don't you support us as we support you??

- CD

·
Registered
85 Posts
Given your appreciation for proper effective design esthetic

Craig, I for one would welcome the opportunity to peruse an ad of your product at the top of the page instead of IGNORING all those dating single salors ads we are currently subjected to.....

without the advertising support of people with quality products like yours we will soon be further subjected to "Sailor's Famous Hair Restoration" type ads

or

Ads promoting a "Sailing Speedo That Makes You Look Twenty Years Younger...ad Wealthy"-- (and attracts appropriately required/outfitted crew- which I believe we have covered in another thread>>>>:laugher )

So for the love of the sport man , pony up:cool:

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I would think with all the free publicity that Racna/Craig has received over the years, that he would be happy to help support this site with a few advertising dollars.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts
Speaking of ads, I was off this site for almost a month due to illness. When did all the ads between post start ?

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
Come on Rocna guy,

This cat and mouse has been going on long enough, with you trying to sneak ads into your posts and the moderators having to repeatedly edit/warn you. That doesn't reflect well on your business practices, does it?

You've got what looks to be a good product at a steep price. How about shifting some to the marketing budget and placing an ad?

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Free-

You missed it... earlier, Sailnet was inserting an ad into the top-most post of the thread, between the body of the post and the signature of the poster...so it looked like the ad was being advocated by the poster.... which was not the case. They got flamed for it and after a day re-thought their strategy after a few of us posted instructions on how to block the ads entirely... about a week after they pulled the in-post ads, the new ones showed up in the thread. However, in many ways, the damage was done, since the information on ad blocking got out... and many are still using it... If you need to know how, send me a PM with what browser you use, and I'll send you info on how to block. :) Glad you're doing better. :)

Speaking of ads, I was off this site for almost a month due to illness. When did all the ads between post start ?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
I would just as soon see craig get banned altogether. everywhere I see him post there ends up a controversy. this picture solicitation of his is just a subtle way of marketing his product plus a way to get free photography to boot.

I specifically bought a Manson Supreme instead of a rocna because of his tactics.

Craig; don't go away mad, just go away.

·
Thanks Courtney.
3,954 Posts
Free-

You missed it... earlier, Sailnet was inserting an ad into the top-most post of the thread, between the body of the post and the signature of the poster...so it looked like the ad was being advocated by the poster.... which was not the case. They got flamed for it and after a day re-thought their strategy after a few of us posted instructions on how to block the ads entirely... about a week after they pulled the in-post ads, the new ones showed up in the thread. However, in many ways, the damage was done, since the information on ad blocking got out... and many are still using it... If you need to know how, send me a PM with what browser you use, and I'll send you info on how to block. :) Glad you're doing better. :)
dog- Telling people to block ads at the same time telling someone else to buy one???? A little less than logical don't ya think?

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
The next time I buy an anchor it will be from someone who has PROPERLY SUPPORTED A FORUM THAT HAS GIVEN HIM ACCESS TO A MULTITUDE OF SAILORS.

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
No one said I made sense... besides... I wasn't advocating blocking the ads... I was explaining to Free what happened and how more ads appeared in the threads, between the posts. :) :rolleyes:
dog- Telling people to block ads at the same time telling someone else to buy one???? A little less than logical don't ya think?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts