SailNet Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Montgomery 17
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had trouble finding a good place to store my anchor while cruising on little sailboat so I ended up building this box to go under the cockpit in the cabin.

I knew that I wanted to deploy the anchor from the cockpit since I will be singlehanding most of the time. With the box I can just have it in the cockpit with me when I want to anchor.

I think this is a good solution for a small sailboat with no dedicated anchor storage space. I plan on singlehanding most of the time so the anchor will be deployed mostly from the cockpit.

Note: I know there is a "Videos" section but I didn't think this really fit in there since it's not so professional. Also, I don't see many replies there and I wanted a bit of feedback/constructive criticism.

Thanks for watching!

·
Senior Slacker
4,223 Posts
I would have just used a laundry basket. In fact, I do use a plastic laundry basket for my main anchor. Like this (more or less):

OK. It's not as spiffy-looking (I don't have a spiffy-looking Rocna to put in it anyway). But, it conforms (a bit) to the inside of the lazaret, and it won't scuff up the already scuffed up deck/seats on my boat. AND, it only costs $10 and a five minute car ride when it needs replacement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts