SailNet Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SV Skalliwag #141
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Rogue wave antenna fell off of its base on a pounding trip up the Chesapeake Bay. What do I do about that? Do they have some kind of warranty against that? I didnt notice it was gone till I anchored.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
My Rogue wave antenna fell off of its base on a pounding trip up the Chesapeake Bay. What do I do about that? Do they have some kind of warranty against that? I didnt notice it was gone till I anchored.
Depends if the breakage was caused by a strike from a rogue wave I would imagine

·
Registered
701 Posts
Is that a brand name Rouge Wave or is the antenna used for detecting rouge wave?
I've not heard of either. Thanks.

·
Registered
23,985 Posts
Wifi antenna.

Does it look like there is something broken that suggests a defect in manufacture or did Mother Nature just tear it off? If still within warranty, one would think a defect is covered. If Mother Nature, your hull insurance would theoretically cover. However, I'm sure this is way below your deductible.

I suspect you won't be able to pursue either. Stuff happens at sea. I find something on every single trip. If you're doing better than that, be happy.

·
Administrator
5,922 Posts
You might want to call the company. Some companies have been known to ship replacements free or for the cost of shipping just to keep customer good will. It's worth a try calling and explaining what happened.

Reactions: brokesailor

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
You might want to call the company. Some companies have been known to ship replacements free or for the cost of shipping just to keep customer good will. It's worth a try calling and explaining what happened.
In this particular case, I wouldn't count on it… :)

The first wifi antenna I ever purchased, several years ago, was the original model offered by Rogue Wave…

had a bit of difficulty configuring it to work with my Mac, so I tried repeatedly to contact them for some help…

Absolute worst customer support I have ever encountered. Emails never responded to, phone calls unanswered, messages left never generating a return call… And I recall similar complaints from other customers, as well, back when Rogue Wave was one of the first vendors to jump on the 'all-weather' marine wifi antenna bandwagon...

Unless those folks have changed their MO in the interim, not sure the OP will have much luck… As you say, however, it's certainly worth a try, hopefully they've gotten their act together re supporting their product by now...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts