SailNet Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I have a 56 meter ankarolina today with a 15 kg bruce at the stern but i dont trust the ankarolina due to weakening of it in the sun etc and i would like to use standard anchoring line (16-20 mm) but i havent found a rope coil similar to the ankarolina coil.

Anyone know of a manufacturer or brand that make/sell rope coils in stainless steel?

Best regards

Micke

·
Telstar 28
1,000 Posts
Unfortunately, there really isn't anyone who makes a production reel for rope that I've seen. The Ankarolina is very deceptive in its marketing IMHO, since it says it is the equivalent of a 1" anchor rope, but the breaking strength of the Ankarolina webbing is about the same as the WORKING STRENGTH of the 1" anchor rope, which has a much higher breaking strength. They're basically LYING.

·
Mermaid Hunter
5,689 Posts
I know I've seen photos of a production device. A quick Google didn't turn anything to light but I do know it's out there somewhere.

One of the reasons for the relative success of the Ankarolina is that the webbing winds up into a compact space. A similar amount of reasonably sized rode will be rather large.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts