SailNet Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a rouge wave Wifi and am having truoble setting the thing up. I have put in a router for wireless connection for the on board computers etc and that works fine. I had to install a netscape to run the web based interface for the rouge wave as it does not like chrome. So via netscape I have a whole lot of connections available to me, but the thing just fails to get an IP address of any on the non WAP spots, even though some are less then hlf a mile away. And this thing is supposed to pick up and be able to transmit to up to 7 miles.
Any thoughts???

Michael

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup I have 4 that are non WEP and have logged on to one when I was at that Marine about half a mile away

·
Owned by Velcro
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
My Bullet antenna will give me the signal and noise levels for all potential connections, perhaps those sites are close but not particularly powerful or the are transmitting information just fine but your transmissions aren't reaching them.

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Michael, I never had a problem while down there getting connected to unsecured wifi networks, and my software provided me with all the information on each connection. When I finish my music job today, I'll go to the boat and get all the information for you. I think I paid about $29 for the package and the range was supposed to be up to 7 miles, but I never was able to reach a station farther than 4 to 5 miles away. And, I purchased a USB extension so I could place the antenna on the boom, which made a huge difference.

TTYL,

Gary :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.