SailNet Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Years ago a sailing friend with six children told them, "If you want me to attend your wedding, you'd better schedule it in the winter." Not sure if he really meant it, or if he was hoping to avoid the problem by a proactive announcement. He really loved his summer weekends and the kids loved weekends at the lake as well. Seems like a reasonable accommodation for the guy who devoted himself to feeding, clothing, educating and caring for them.

·
Advanced beginner
583 Posts
I got more sailing done during covid than any season the six years I owned the boat, since pretty much all social events and travel were cancelled.

Covid had some perks, I didn't hear many people complaining about not having to go to weddings and birthday parties except the people who wanted to throw a wedding or birthday party.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Post-covid interest in boating is incredible. My cuz had been shopping for a boat for months and became frustrated with minimum available inventory. He finally bought a boat and then found out that there were literally no slips available in the Brigantine, NJ area where my aunt has a house. Seems to be a lot of penned-up cabin fever/ people wanting to get out on the water. I also hear about long wait-times for service, repairs, etc. at marinas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts