SailNet Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I''m in the process of replacing the original rubrail on my Morgan 28 Out Island, a 1976 version.

I''ve only been able to find one source for the rubrail, and have been quoted a price of $14 per foot, and I''ll need somewhere around 70 feet to redo the entire boat....OUCH!

Two questions: Does anyone know and alternative source for such rubrail, which admittedly is rather unusually shaped, AND

Does anyone have any tips to ensure the project''s success?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have attached the e-mail address and Web page address of the owner of a 33 OI who has tackled the project of replacing the rubrail, and from my conversations with him it seams to have been quite successful.
Web - http://users.tm.net/lb2001/rebirth.htm
[email protected]

I would be interested in how you end up doing the job, as I will be attempting it next winter.

Best of luck

·
Registered
44 Posts
I used metal from a steel supply house. I bought two 4 x 8 sheets (stainless) had them cut into 3/4" strips ,ground both edges $22 each.
thomas

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thomas S. : I''m not sure exactly what you did, nor if it was on a Morgan 28 IO. The rubrail on my boat serves as a "jacket" of sorts over the seam where the top deck joins the hull.

Do you also have a Morgan 28 IO?

If so, what''s your telephone number, or email address? I''d like to discuss the project in more detail with you.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I''m in the process of replacing the original rubrail on my Morgan 28 Out Island, a 1976 version.

I''ve only been able to find one source for the rubrail, and have been quoted a price of $14 per foot, and I''ll need somewhere around 70 feet to redo the entire boat....OUCH!

Two questions: Does anyone know and alternative source for such rubrail, which admittedly is rather unusually shaped, AND

Does anyone have any tips to ensure the project''s success?
I see the thread is old, but if this is seen, can you tell me what you ended up doing on your 76. I have a 73 morgan and would like to see what else is going on out there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts